|Occupation||YouTuber, Author, Podcast Host, and Life Coach|
|Most Famous Book||Think like a monk|
|Years Active||2013 to present|
|Net Worth||$30 Million|
|Source of Income||Public Speaking, Entrepreneurship, Investment, Ad Revenue of Youtube, and more|
Jay Shetty is a British motivational speaker, author, and podcast host. He has been making waves in the world of personality development. Shetty has helped millions of individuals around the world by inspiring them to follow their passion. His ability to simplify complex concepts has helped him financially as well. Jay Shetty’s Net Worth in 2023 is estimated to be around $30 Million.
Shetty has been earning from multiple sources ranging from YouTube to his best-selling books. His genuine desire to help people is making all the difference. Check out this post to have a look at Jay Shetty’s amazing journey and success.
Sources of Income and Net Worth in 2023
Jay Shetty has very smartly diversified his sources of income through various ventures. Apart from his successful career as a speaker and author, Shetty is also the co-founder of a video production company called Icon Media.
He founded this company along with Alex Kushneir. In addition to his video production company, Shetty and his wife Radhi also tried their luck in the wellness industry. In 2021, they launched Sama Tea, an adaptogenic brand inspired by Ayurveda.
Apart from this, Shetty joined the meditation product company Calm as its “Chief Purpose Officer” in 2022. Shetty’s success as a speaker has also opened doors for him to keynote at leading companies worldwide.
He has been invited as a speaker by many top organizations such as Google, L’Oreal, Facebook, Coca-Cola, HSBC, EY, Microsoft, and Accenture. A big share of his income also comes from his YouTube and Podcast channels.
Jay Shetty Biography
Jay Shetty was born on 6th September 1987 in a Hindu family living in London, England. He received his early education from Queen Elizabeth’s School in Barnet, London. Growing up, Jay was a shy kid and struggled with low self-esteem. He often found himself disconnected from his purpose.
His father is basically from Karnataka, India and his mother is from a Gujarati family living in Yemen. Shetty joined Bayes Business School in London for higher studies. After graduating from college, he decided to become a monk and spent many years at an ashram in India.
At the ashram, Jay learned many important things like mindfulness, gratitude, the purpose of life, etc. He realized that these teachings could benefit people from all walks of life. He then started using social media to share his knowledge with the world.
Gradually, his popularity grew and he began speaking at various conferences and events. Today, he has more than 4 million subscribers on YouTube and has written multiple best-selling books.
|Date of birth||September 6, 1987|
|Birth Place||London, England|
|School||Queen Elizabeth’s School in Barnet, London|
|College||Cass Business School, London|
|Education||B.Sc. (Hons.) in Behavioral Science|
|Siblings||1 Younger sister|
|Wife||Roshni Devlukia Shetty|
|Height||180 cm (5 Feet and 11 Inches)|
|Eye Color||Hazel Gray|
Jay Shetty’s Wife and Children
Jay Shetty is happily married to his wife Roshni Devlukia Shetty. Roshni is a dedicated dietitian working at Watford General Hospital. The couple tied the knot in April 2016. They currently do not have any children. Both Jay and Roshni inspire others with their love, wisdom, and impactful work in their respective fields.
Career in Corporate
- Before becoming a full-time motivator, Jay had a great corporate career as well.
- After returning from India, he joined Accenture and worked on digital strategy as a social media coach for the company’s executives.
- Later, he was hired by Arianna Huffington to produce videos for the Huffington Post.
- He then moved to New York in September 2016 and worked for HuffPost for a brief period of time.
YouTube Journey and Success
- Jay Shetty’s journey on YouTube has been remarkable.
- He created his channel in 2016 with a vision to spread wisdom and inspire millions.
- Initially, his channel faced the challenges of building an audience, but through consistency and quality, it began to gain traction.
- Within a year, he reached 1 million subscribers, and the growth continued exponentially.
- Today, his YouTube channel has more than 4.7 million subscribers.
- Currently, he is working with some of the biggest brands in the world.
Jay Shetty Podcast
- In 2019, Jay Shetty launched his podcast called “On Purpose”.
- It became an instant hit and was downloaded 64 million times in the first year.
- According to Forbes, On Purpose is the number one health podcast in the world.
- You can listen to his more than 325 podcasts on YouTube as well.
- Jay Shetty’s podcast channel on YouTube has more than 1 million subscribers.
Awards and Recognition
Jay Shetty’s work has been recognized by some of the most renowned organizations in the world. A few of the most prestigious awards won by Jay are as follows.
|Guardian Rising Star Award||2015|
|Asian Media Awards – Best Blog||2016|
|Outstanding Achievement Online Award at The Asian Awards||2019|
|Best in Health & Wellness at the 11th Shorty Awards.||2019|
Jay Shetty’s Books
Shetty’s is a renowned author. He has written many best-seller books. A few of them are discussed below.
- Think Like a Monk – This book by Jay Shetty was published by Simon & Schuster. This amazing book provides life-changing advice on reducing stress and improving focus. Primarily, the book is based on Shetty’s experiences from living at an “Ashram”.
- 8 Rules of Love – How to Find It, Keep It, and Let It Go – This book was published by Jay Shetty in 2023. The book made it to the New York best-seller list.
|Hobbies||Reading, Writing, and Travelling|
|Cricketer||AB De Villiers|
Top 5 Jay Shetty’s Quotes
Here are five best Jay Shetty’s Quotes that you might love.
- If you can build muscle, you can build a mindset.
- Your phone needs to recharge every night. Your laptop needs to recharge. Everything needs to recharge. Are you giving yourself space, time and effort to recharge?
- Don’t fall in love too fast. You think you know their dreams, but you just know their plans. Plans come from the head, but dreams come from the heart.
- If you know what you need, you will find the answers when you read.
- We get bored because we don’t want to sit with our fears. We don’t want to sit with our anxiety. We don’t want to sit with our stress because it’s uncomfortable.
Social Media Accounts
|Platforms||Number of Followers||Links|
|On Purpose Podcast||–||check|
|YouTube Channel||4.72 Million||Check|
|Jay Shetty Podcast on Youtube||1.72 Million||Check|
Frequently Asked Questions
International Society for Krishna Consciousness.
Yes, he is married to Radhi Devlukia.
In Los Angeles, California.