|Net worth||$75 million|
|Source of wealth||Rapping|
|Full name||Kendrick Lamar Duckworth|
|Profession||Rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, filmmaker|
|Years active||2003 – present|
Kendrick Lamar is an American rapper known best for his unique musical styles and is considered one of the most influential hip-hop artists of his generation. Lamar began his rapping career when he was still a teenager and performed under the stage name K.Dot.
In a career now spanning around two decades, Kendrick has received 17 Grammy Awards, 11 MTV Video Music Awards, 6 Billboard Music Awards, 2 American Music Awards and one Brit and Primetime Emmy Award.
Lamar has sold over 70 million records in the United States alone and for his many other achievements, his name has been featured in lists like the Time 100, Forbes 30 Under 30 and Rolling Stone.
Kendrick Lamar Personal Biography
|Date of birth||June 17, 1987|
|Place of birth||Compton, California, US|
|Parents||Kenny Duckworth, Paula Oliver|
Kendrick Lamar Duckworth was born on June 17, 1987, in Compton, California, to Paula Oliver and Kenny Duckworth.
His father was a Gangster Disciple and Kendrick himself grew up around gang members.
Lamar’s first name Kendrick was given to him in honor of singer-songwriter Eddie Kendricks.
Growing up, Lamar’s family was very poor and he grew up on welfare and in Section 8 housing.
His cousin Baby Keem is also a rapper while his other cousin Nick Young is a professional basketball player.
Kendrick is in a relationship with beautician Whitney Alford, whom he met and started dating while in high school.
The couple is engaged and has two children together.
Kendrick Lamar’s Career Highlights
- Lamar released his first full-length mix tape at the age of 16 in 2003 which garnered him local recognition.
- He then started appearing alongside other up-and-coming and also with some veteran rappers such as The Game.
- Lamar then pursued his independent career giving some notable hits.
- He ended his career as an independent artist in 2012 after signing a deal with Interscope Records and Aftermath Entertainment.
- In 2022, Lamar was a presenter at the Super Bowl LVI halftime show alongside star rappers Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem and Mary J Blige.
- It was his performance at the halftime that earned Lamar the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Variety Special (Live).
- Kendrick Lamar has been on tour with legendary rapper Kanye West and has also been featured on albums with Eminem and Taylor Swift.
Kendrick Lamar on Social Media & Audio Stream Platforms
Kendrick Lamar’s Achievements
Kendrick Lamar has been in the music industry for almost 20 years now and he himself is only 35 years old. In these 2 decades, he has garnered numerous awards and accolades, some of which are listed in the table below.
|American Music Awards||2017||Damn||Favorite Rap/Hip Hop Album|
|American Music Awards||2018||Black Panther: The Album||Top Soundtrack|
|American Music Awards||2022||Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers||Favorite Hip Hop Album|
|Billboard Music Awards||2018||Lamar||Top Streaming Songs Artist|
|Billboard Music Awards||2018||Lamar||Top Rap Artist|
|Billboard Music Awards||2018||Lamar||Top Rap Male Artist|
|Grammy Awards||2018||Damn||Best Rap Album|
|Grammy Awards||2018||Humble||Best Rap Performance|
|Grammy Awards||2018||Humble||Best Rap Song|
|MTV Video Music Awards||2015||Bad Blood||Video of the Year|
|MTV Video Music Awards||2015||Bad Blood||Best Collaboration|
|MTV Video Music Awards||2015||Bad Blood||Best Cinematography|
Top 10 Kendrick Lamar’s Song
It would not be possible to accommodate all popular songs of Lamar in this article, but here we have provided a list of his 10 best songs.
- Money Trees (2012)
- Swimming Pools (Drank) (2012)
- Backseat Freestyle (2012)
- Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe (2012)
- Poetic Justice (2012)
- Bad Blood (2014)
- Alright (2015)
- The Greatest (2016)
- Humble (2017)
- Love (2017)
Kendrick Lamar’s Net Worth 2023
The majority of Lamar’s net worth can be attributed to his successful rapping career. According to different sources, the rapper has an estimated net worth of around $75 million making him one of the richest rappers in the world.
Lamar’s successful business ventures also make a good income for the rapper. He currently owns a percentage of his former record label Top Dawg Entertainment. He has been brand ambassador for top footwear companies such as Reebok, Nike and Converse.
His expertise as a songwriter, record producer and filmmaker has also contributed significantly towards his net worth of millions of dollars.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the total net worth of Kendrick Lamar in 2023?
Answer: $75 million (estimated)
2. Who is the richest rapper in 2023?
Answer: Jay Z (net worth of around $1.5 billion)
3. Which is the best-selling album of Kendrick Lamar?