|Net worth||$60 million|
|Source of wealth||Wrestling, acting, music production|
|Full name||John Felix Anthony Cena|
|Ring names||John Cena, The Prototype, Mr. P|
|Profession||Professional wrestler, actor, rapper|
|Active years||1999 – present|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||251 lb (114 kg)|
With a net worth of around $60 million, John Cena is one of the richest wrestlers in the world. Other than being a successful wrestler, Cena also has an amazing career in the field of acting and has appeared in many movies and TV shows.
Cena has a career spanning over 20 years in wrestling and is regarded as one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. He holds the record for most WWE world championships with 16 wins.
He has been rewarded with numerous accolades as a wrestler and also has awards and nominations in his name as an actor.
Source of wealth
- A major source of Cena’s income is none other than wrestling.
- In 2016, he was the highest-paid WWE superstar, as per Forbes.
- His film career has also brought him a significant amount of wealth.
- Cena has increased his earnings by signing big-money brand deals.
- He earns around $1.5 million per year from partnerships with the brands like Subway, Honda and Gillette.
- Finally, there are his property investments which add even more to his total earnings.
John Cena Personal Biography
|Date of birth||April 23, 1977|
|Place of birth||West Newbury, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|Education||Springfield College (BA)|
|Spouse||Shay Shariatzadeh (2020 – present) Elizabeth Huberdeau (2009 – 2012)|
|Parents||Carol Cena, John Joseph Cena|
Cena was born on April 23, 1977, in West Newbury, Massachusetts to Carol and John Joseph Cena. His father was a former ring announcer for Chaotic Wrestling.
A family of stars, Cena’s maternal grandfather was Tony Lupien, a baseball player and his maternal great-grandfather was a renowned businessman and director of civil service, Ulysses J. Lupien.
Second oldest of five brothers, Cena was a fan of wrestling growing up and would create championship belts out of cardboard for himself and his brothers.
He is currently married to Canadian engineer Shay Shariatzadeh and the couple resides in Land o’ Lakes, Florida.
Check Logan Paul Net Worth
Professional Wrestling Career
- As a kid, Cena idolized Hulk Hogan and dreamed of becoming a superstar from a very small age.
- He moved to California in 1998 and started training for a professional wrestling career in 1999 at Ultimate Pro Wrestling’s (UPW) Ultimate University.
- At the beginning of his career, Cena wrestled in a local flea market.
- He began using a semi-robotic character known as The Prototype after being placed into an in-ring role.
- A The Prototype, Cena made his unofficial debut for the then World Wrestling Federation (WWF) on SmackDown in October 2000.
- He received another tryout in January 2001 at a SmackDown! where he scored his first win.
- Cena finally signed a developmental contract with the WWF in 2001.
Acting & Music Career
Cena has a brilliant career as an actor and rapper too. A list of some top movies in which he has appeared is given below.
|Movies||Year of release|
|Ready to Rumble||2000|
|Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery||2014|
|The Flintstones & WWE: Stone Age SmackDown!||2015|
|The Suicide Squad||2021|
|Shows||Year of release|
|Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles||2018|
|Album||Year of release|
|You Can’t See Me||2005|
John Cena on Social Media
Love for Children & Philanthropist Activities
Cena is known for his great love for children though as of now he has no children of his own. The only reason for this is that he does not want to be an absentee parent while he is focused on his career.
He has granted more than 650 wishes for children who are suffering from life-threatening illnesses via the Make-A-Wish Foundation. With this, he holds the record for most wishes in Make-A-Wish history and has been even included in the Guinness Book of World Records.
In 2009, he was even presented with the Chris Greicius Celebrity Award for his philanthropy.
Cena is also an advocate of anti-bullying and wore a black “Rise Above Hate” t-shirt to promote WWE’s “Be a Star” anti-bullying campaign. He has also participated in Breast Cancer Awareness Month and wore a t-shirt pink and black with the phrase “Rise Above Cancer”.
As part of the #MatchAMillion initiative, Cena has also donated $1 million to Black Lives Matter in 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions
$60 million (estimated)
Around 6.4 million USD per year